JOB DESCRIPTION: LEAD CAREGIVER – OVERNIGHT
DEPARTMENT: WELLNESS OFFICE
SUPERVISOR: Resident Clinical Care Manager/Resident Care Staff Manager Office Nurse’s
STARTING PAY: $21.00/hour
Applicants must be a QMAP or able to obtain their QMAP certificate prior to start date (reimbursed by AltaVita)
Uphold our mission statement, values and apply them to a working knowledge. Must be a leader who is able to direct, coach and teach. Adhere to the guidelines as provided and follow a job duties plan.
Applicants must be independent, compassionate, possess a strong work ethic, and always put the residents first.
Full Time 10:00pm – 6:00PM
Rotation to include every other weekend
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist the professional nursing department by performing direct hands on resident care for the residents in the community; work under the supervision and direction of the Wellness Director, Staffing Coordinator and the professional Nurses.
The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties, directions and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT NECESSARILY CONCLUSIVE TO:
- Assist and or perform all activities of daily living with the residents to include:
- Bathing, dressing, combing hair, grooming, brushing teeth, nail care, shaving, trimming, toileting (to include providing bedpans and urinals), make beds, feed residents and/or assist as needed, provide safety, comfort, and well-being of the resident.
- Transfers of residents from one position to another: chair to bed, bed to chair, chair to toilet, toilet to chair, chair to another chair. All Hoyer/sit to stand lifts will be performed with two person and use of the lift. All non-ambulatory non-weight bearing assist transfers will be done with two persons. All transfers requiring max two person transfer lift will be done by three persons. Use of gait belts during transfers and ambulation are standard practices.
- May be required to routinely lift 50 or more pounds and periodically 100 pounds following the lifting policy and procedure guidelines. Transferring residents from one position to another independently and/or with the use of aides and equipment as necessary
- Washing dishes in the individual houses. Sweep and mop the floors after every meal.
- Provide laundry services for the resident’s personal laundry. Launder the clothing protectors and placemats between meals.
- Follow other job duties as directed from the Wellness office such as but not conclusive to: Weights, vitals, charting, cleaning the medication refrigerator, the main refrigerator, kitchen area, electrical room, laundry room as assigned. Accepting other duties deemed necessary from the Wellness office as needed. Following: the direction of Supervisors.
- All Caregivers are required to become QMAP and 1st aid CPR certified within the first 90days of employment. This however does not mean you will be performing QMAP or Caregiver duties exclusively.
- QMAPs will be required to pass medications. You must retain a current and active QMAP certificate to perform med pass duties.
- Caregivers may be required to perform QMAP duties as well as the Caregiver duties.
- As required by federal and state law and to maintain State accreditation.
- Mandatory in-services.
- Completion of initial on-line Alzheimer’s/Dementia training. (10hrs)
- Completion of at least 8 hours on-going continued education relating to
- Alzheimer’s/Dementia, to be completed yearly per employees hire date.