DEPARTMENT: Dining Services
SUPERVISOR: DINING SERVICES DIRECTOR/CHEF
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prepare, cook, season, attractive, nutritious, and balanced meals, including meat, fish, fowl, vegetables, fruit, soups, salads, desserts, breads, and pastries, as specified, and scheduled by the menus.
The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out assigned duties in accordance with current existing state regulations, established company policies and procedures as well as those implemented by the Dining Services Director in a cooperative and helpful manner.
License: Serve Safe Certification preferred
Education: High School Diploma preferred but at a minimum the ability to read and write English.
Experience: Previous experience in a restaurant or senior community preferred.
Job Knowledge: Ability to follow instructions and recipes; to assist in food preparation as directed by the Chef.
- Handle and prepare food
- Comply with meal schedules
- Maintain and use equipment and supplies
- Work cooperatively with other staff and departments
- Follow Director/Chef’s recipes.
- Understand the importance of proper food-handling techniques and hazards of improper food handling
- Prepare foodstuffs for cooking: peel, wash, trim, and cut vegetables and fruit
- Taste, smell, and observe food to ensure conformity with recipes and appearance.
- Wash pots, pans and other equipment as needed
- Attend and participate in in–service education classes and on–the-job training programs
- Attend departmental and staff meetings
- Other duties assigned by the Dining Service Director
Pay Rate: $18-$23 depending on experience