AltaVita Memory Care is seeking a Resident Care Coordinator to assist our Wellness team in caring for our residents. This is a full time position. Work hours are 10am to 7pm. Prior experience as a medical assistant is a plus, but is not required. This person will be required to obtain a QMAP certification. Duties include but are not limited to:
- By guidance of the Wellness Director, will assist in coordinating resident admissions. Assures that all required documentation is completed prior to or upon resident admission, including nursing assessments, service plans, and other assigned forms.
- Observe residents; records significant conditions and reactions and notifies the Wellness Director and physician of resident’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- As appropriate, explains procedures and treatments to residents to gain cooperation, understanding and alieve any apprehension.
- Communicate with resident’s physician re: resident’s status and change of condition.
- Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving home health services.
- Provides training, supervision, and monitoring of staff in the administration of medications, which may include frequently auditing medications sheets.
- Support the Wellness Director in providing training and education to resident care staff on an ongoing basis, including new hires. This includes classroom in-services, and situation specific training.
- Supervises the maintenance of residents’ charts, review documentation performed by the care giving staff.
- Assures in-hours ancillary medical services such as podiatrist, doctor visits, dental visits, psych visits, lab, x-ray, ambulance, etc. are scheduled and followed through.
- Assures the family members are aware of resident’s need for scheduled physicals, dental, or eye appointments.
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing first aid standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
AltaVita offers an excellent benefits package for full time employees including, health/dental/vision/life insurance; paid vacation; paid sick leave; birthday off with pay; paid holidays; 401k; free meals; etc.
Please reply including your resume to apply. Resumes will be reviewed promptly. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $19.00 per hour