JOB DESCRIPTION: RESIDENT CAREGIVER/QMAP
DEPARTMENT: WELLNESS OFFICE
SUPERVISOR: Wellness Director/Resident Care Staff Manager/Office Nurse’s
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist the professional nursing department by performing direct hands on resident care for the residents in the community; work under the supervision and direction of the Wellness Director, Staffing Coordinator and the professional Nurses.
The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties, directions and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT NECESSARILY CONCLUSIVE TO:
- Assist and or perform all activities of daily living with the residents to include:
- Bathing, dressing, combing hair, grooming, brushing teeth, nail care, shaving, trimming, toileting (to include providing bedpans and urinals), make beds, feed residents and/or assist as needed, provide safety, comfort, and well-being of the resident.
- Transfers of residents from one position to another: chair to bed, bed to chair, chair to toilet, toilet to chair, chair to another chair.
- Provide laundry services for the resident’s personal laundry.
- QMAP’s may be required to perform QMAP duties as well as the Caregiver duties.
- Continuing Education:
- Mandatory in-services.
- Completion of initial on-line Alzheimer’s/Dementia training. (10hrs)
- Completion of at least 8 hours on-going continued education relating to Alzheimer’s/Dementia, to be completed yearly per employees hire date.
- Minimum of high school diploma and completion of the on-the-job training.
- Some previous experience in health care is preferred but not required.